Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kobe Grill

Great news! The New York restaurant week has been extended until Labor Day! We were so happy when we found out the news. I guess that the economy really is struggling, and so these restaurants needed to do everything in their power to attract more customers. We are not complaining!

So we decided to go to this place called Kobe Grill. Emily and I have never before eaten Kobe beef. We have heard rumors that it is the best tasting beef in the world - so we decided that this was our chance to go for gold.

This place was crazy. The ambiance and atmosphere was incredible. We could tell that this "club" truly was for the rich and famous. The dim lighting and interesting design made for an extremely interesting evening. The mood was certainly set.

We dined and had a wonderful time. To learn more about this just search wikipedia for kobe beef. This was a great experience. The food was delicious, the atmosphere unique, and we really really enjoyed ourselves. Now, I think the picture below, those 2,000 hanging things are actually Samurai swords (securely fastened we were promised).


1 comment:

Brian said...

Sweet! Love the Kobe beef -- well-done, that is.

No lie; in China I actually sent it back 3 times because it just "wasn't done". I had to deal with the horrified floor supervisor, maitre d', and manager with each request asking what was wrong with it. I actually said, "Do you see how it is purple in the middle there? That's not cooked!" Come to think of it, they probably thought I was complaining that it was cooked too much, and kept thinking 'we can't sear it any less'! HaHa

But cut me some slack -- I was in China where you often step over your meal when entering the restaurant that is still living on the front steps!

Good times!