Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tribute to 9/11

It is hard to believe that it has been 7 years since Sept 11. It was interesting to be here to commemorate that tragic event. Beginning on Sunday night before 9/11, there were 2 large beams of light shooting upwards, to show where the twin towers stood. It was cool to see them from the apartment every night and to think about those events. Gratefully there has not been another attack.

Since I get off the subway 1 block from ground zero, I get to walk by every day. On 9/11 there were people everywhere trying to get to the ceremony service. After work, I walked to the site and reflected briefly about that sad day. If I would have been in New York at the time when they struck and I have the same routine as I do now, I would have been right there when the planes hit. It is scary to think about. We took this pictures from our window. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see it in person.




No comments: