Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good-bye New York

It has been an amazing 27 months in New York. We have loved every minute of being in NYC and have had so many fun experiences. We are now packing up our apartment and getting ready to move out.

We have a busy time ahead of us - but we are excited for each adventure.

Wed, Mar 24 - This is Emily's last day at Edelman Public Relations. She is sad to be leaving a great company and all of her friends there.
Fri, Mar 26 - Rob's last day at Goldman Sachs. He has really enjoyed his job, co-workers, and anxiously looks forward to Wharton/UPenn.
Mon, Mar 29 - we are packing up our apartment into a U-haul.
Tues, Mar 30 - Driving down to Philly to put our stuff in a storage unit until August
Wed, Mar 31 - We are flying to Istanbul, Turkey.
Sat, April 3 - We fly from Istanbul to Egypt and begin an 8-day Egypt tour & Nile River Cruise
Sat, April 10 - We fly from Egypt to Israel and being an 8-day Israel tour to Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Capernum, and Tel Aviv.
Sun, April 18 - we fly back to the US to Denver, to spend some time with my 2 brothers and their families.
Thur, April 22 - we fly from Denver to AZ - to spend some time with my family
Mon, April 26 - we fly to Maui, Hawaii to meet Emily's parents and stay with them in their time share (thanks B&C).
Wed, May 5 - we fly from Hawaii back to AZ to spend a few more days with family.
Sun, May 9 - we fly to Philadelphia to start UPenn on Monday, May 10.
Fri, June 4 - Fly to Moscow, Russia for 2 months as part of my International Studies program at UPenn.

We promise to blog some pictures of stories, but not sure when that will be!

6 comments:

Holly said...

wow! What great adventures you guys have! looks like you will have an awesome summer, enjoy and good luck!

Bert and Benton said...

Man, Your lives are so dull.:) Have a blast!!!

Al said...

live it up man!

Brian Thornock said...

Hey, just noticed you are friends of Sean Murphey. We are in Syracuse, NY. I see you are from the AZ clan. Did you know Matt Allen? Anyway, thought I would say hi and have fun.

Tom said...

My goodness! You two have done more than I have done, or will ever do, in my lifetime! What an adventure! I am thrilled with your accomplishments and exciting lives! I wish you well!

Eric and Janelle said...

Hey Rob!

So, Eric and I are living vicariously through your itinerary!! Dad and Mom floated me a copy of your detailed hotel/flight schedule and today Eric had to listen to me whine, "They're on the flight from Istanbul to Cairo right now. Life's so not fair!" Ha Ha Eric informed me that the Great Sphinx of Giza and The Great Pyramid of Giza are on his 'Bucket List!' Yea!! ;-) There's hope for me!! We hope you have the trip of a lifetime! We can't wait to see photos and hear play-by-play stories of your experiences!! See you soon in Arizona! We love you guys so much!!

Janelle