Monday, November 10, 2008

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Yep, you guessed it. We went and saw one of the newest shows here on Broadway, A Tale of Two Cities. It started less than 2 months ago and didn't get really good reviews. I guess because of the rumors spread by the critics and the tough economic environment right now, the show actually got the boot. I feel bad for all of those investors - they spent all this money writing the songs and before it could really get started, it is gone. Wow!

But, Emily and I absolutely loved it! We thought it was fantastic. We found out Sat around 3 PM that the last show was Sunday, so around 6:30 we went to Times Sq and got tickets. They were great - mezzanine directly in the middle. We really had a ball and are so glad that we saw it before it closed the doors.

Needless to say, it was the best of times for us, the worst of times for the actors! :-)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I bet it was good! I miss just being able to go see a Broadway musical whenever I wanted :( And I am so sad that so many amazing musicals are closing right now. I have a lot of friends losing work out there. Too bad more people aren't going to see these great shows so that they can stay open! I am afraid there won't be many left!

Eric and Janelle said...

I'm so jealous!!! I would love to just decide to attend a Broadway musical one afternoon!! Have fun with Mike & Connie!!

Love,
Janelle

David and Amy said...

Amy and I are green with envy!!! We bought tickets in August to see the show on Nov. 29th, purchased the Concept Cast Recording, and we even know a few of the songs by heart! Well, I'm sure there's been more than one other musical that didn't last too long on Broadway, but returned. We still need to plan for Palmyra...

ThePalmers said...

Sorry for the mass "commenting" everyone, but check out the HHS friends get together at

http://palmerparty.blogspot.com/2008/11/we-miss-old-friends.html